What data do we collect?
We collect the following data directly provided by you:
- Email address
The lawful basis for collecting this data is consent by the data owner and consent can be withdrawn at any time by emailing us at
How will we use your data?
We collect your data for the purpose of contacting you in 6-12 months to find out whether and how you have used the Handbook and to receive any other feedback you wish to give about our research. We are keen to learn about the impact, if any, of our research and the Handbook.
We also provide the opportunity for you to opt in to receive further information about our research, including workshops/conferences/seminars, new versions of the guide, or other tools and information related to improving quality through resilient systems. This is voluntary and you can opt out of receiving this information at any time by emailing us at
How do we store your data and for how long?
The data is kept in a database and used for the sole purposes stated above. The data will be kept for five years and then destroyed.
What are your data protection rights?
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data where we have relied on that consent as our basis for processing your data.
- Ask us to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to gain access (i.e. have a copy) of that data as well as to be provided with supplemental information about the processing.
- Request that we rectify any inaccuracies where the data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Have your data erased by us.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways.
- Obtain your personal data for reuse.
- Object to certain processing of your personal data.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Understanding how you use our website
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.