Our Resilience in Healthcare Masterclass 2017 was held in Birmingham, with Prof. Jeffrey Braithwaite as guest keynote speaker. The venue was De Vere Colmore Gate. The masterclass was supported by the West Midlands Patient Safety Collaborative.
- Two days’ intensive learning about applying a resilience approach to improving the quality of care
- The latest learning from our resilience work in emergency care and the care of older people
- Interactive sessions with experts to learn how to apply a resilience approach
- Reflections on the benefits and challenges of applying resilience engineering
- A restaurant dinner and networking event
Session 2 – Tools and methods
Clinical engagement with the Resilience Challenge video game – Jennifer Jackson
Introduction to complex systems and FRAM – Alastair Ross
Policy as imagined and practiced in the Emergency Department – Jonathan Back
Session 3 – Applying resilience
Journey into complexity – from reductionism to resilience – Dr. Duncan McNab
Session 4 – Learning from excellence
Learning from excellence – Adrian Plunkett
Session 5 – Incorporating a Safety II perspective into current activities
Clinical education from a Safety II perspective – Alastair Ross
Session 6 – Tools and methods Resilience Analysis Grid
The Resilience Analysis Grid – Matthew Alders
Details of 2016 Masterclass held at the Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel and Spa on November 10th and 11th, 2016 can be found by clicking here.
Details of 2015 Masterclass held at King’s College London, Guy’s Campus on May 7th and 8th, 2015 can be found by clicking here.
If you have any questions please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org